Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Party Time at the Hirshhorn

Where: Hirshhorn Museum

When: through October 1, 2017

Today's the last day for this show I really liked (imagine!) at the Hirshhorn.  It wraps around the 3rd floor inner circle of the concrete donut (which I found out today has an official nickname of the Brutalist Donut).

I love the vibrant colors and depictions of nature at the beginning and end of the day.  I walked around to look at the whole thing and was surprised how quickly I made the trip - sort of the opposite of one of their Bataan Death March exhibits.

Obama's remark after the 2016 election, that no matter what happened, the sun would rise in the morning was the inspiration for the work, which was created specifically for this space.

Verdict: Worth a look, if you're on the Mall today.

No comments:

Post a Comment