Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Times, They Have a-Changed

Where: National Portrait Gallery

When: through October 30, 2016

I made a return trip to the Portrait Gallery this Wednesday and was able to see this photograph of Bob Dylan.  Taken by John Cohen in 1962, it pre-dates his transition to electric guitar.

I attended Dylan's concert this summer at Wolf Trap, and when I heard the news about his award, I e-mailed my husband and said, "Now you can say you've seen a Nobel Prize winner!"

The photograph is interesting; it has a triangular look to it, with the rug he's sitting on, the untrimmed guitar strings and the way he's sitting and playing.  I'd like to see more of Cohen's work.

Verdict: If you're at the Gallery, take a few minutes to see this photo.  Note the quick closing date!

No comments:

Post a Comment