Saturday, October 8, 2016

I'm back!

It's been a long time since I've blogged - a month!  I've been teaching a graduate class at Georgetown's Law School, volunteering at the National Book Festival, dealing with some family issues and visiting the Midwest on a long-planned vacation with friends.  Most of these things are great, but they take up time, and this year, they all happened at once.

But now, I'm back and ready to blog about museums I've visited since I last put fingers to keyboard.

Before I get into that, I'll share a few pics from my vacation:

 This is the house used in the exterior shots for the movie "A Christmas Story."  It's located in Cleveland.  We stayed with some friends there while on our way to Ann Arbor, Michigan, and they were kind enough to show us many great Cleveland sites. 


 This is the law library reading room at the University of Michigan - just gorgeous.  We were in Ann Arbor for the Michigan-Wisconsin game, with long-time friends of ours who are from Michigan.  We've all worked in law libraries (either now or in the past), so the reading room was a "must see."

One of our friends is from Frankenmuth, Michigan.  It's a German town, with the largest Christmas store I've ever seen.  This photo is of the public library, where our friend worked during her youth.  Note both the English and German on the sign.


This is, of course, the famous view of Fallingwater, Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpiece in Pennsylvania.  It's off the beaten path, but worth the trip.  We stopped on our way back to the DC area.




It was a great trip and allowed us to see several people who are close friends.  Wisconsin lost a defensive struggle against Michigan, but seeing a game in the Big House (we were part of the largest group of people to watch a football game that day anywhere in the country) was quite an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment