Friday, August 29, 2014

In Memoriam: Robin Williams

Where: National Portrait Gallery

When: through September 9, 2014

I took a few minutes this week to walk over to the Portrait Gallery and see their tribute to Robin Williams.  This is getting to be a habit, to see portraits of recently deceased celebrities.  I can only imagine someone else famous will have died by the time they take this portrait down.  A gruesome thought, I must watch out for a tendency towards morbidity.

My memories of Robin Williams date back to his days as Mork from Ork, so I was happy to see that this picture dates from that time period as well.  Williams was just crazy on that show, much of his dialogue ad-libbed, which must have been a challenge for his co-stars.

A sad loss; we must content ourselves with his body of work from now on.

Verdict: A fine photograph that captures both Williams' madcap antics and the sweet side he brought to many of his performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment