Saturday, April 14, 2012

MathAlive

Where: Ripley Center

When: through June 3, 2012

I'm probably not the best person to review this show; a 12-year old could give a far more detailed explanation of all the activities contained in the Ripley's International Gallery.  This is an exhibit demonstrating the use of mathematics (and engineering, technology and science) in creating products, running cities, building structures, etc.  There are a variety of games to play - I was reminded in some instances of my niece's Wii.  The many children (and I do mean many) seemed to be enjoying themselves - I've never seen such a crowd at the Ripley.  There's also a store at the end of the exhibit; I didn't visit, so I'm not sure what exactly is available for purchase - another first: an exhibit with its own store.

Verdict: If you have kids between the ages of about 6 and 14, this is great.  There's lots for them to do; they can run around and make lots of noise.  If this does not sound like your idea of a great time, give this a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment